Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 20, 2014

Fam Bam For the most part it was a pretty great week! Last Tuesday Elder Frishnect, the piano major, left and we got at new zone leader. Also, a new comp for Elder Moorhouse, whose comp also got transferred. Also, last Tuesday, we had to go get new mattresses for the boarding we just moved back into, so me and Elder Sakurada rode in the back of the truck for about 30 min holding all of them. It was pretty fun. This weeks missionary work consisted of 3 straight days of tracting. In the 8 weeks I have been hear I haven't tracted or knocked on one door until this week but we knocked a ton this week we tracted for about 5 hours each of the 3 days and covered probably about 15 miles total. we met some great people that we hope will build the teaching pool. out here we really focus on reactivation because so many members just stop showing up to things but that is going pretty goo once you have someone out here that knows how to talk to people. when I got here we only had about a constant 45 people coming to church and now we are up to 70 for the past 3 weeks. its awesome seeing the fruit of your labor! Friday night me and sakurada made about 150 no-bake cookies and we decided to sneakout about 9:30 since our comps went to bed at like 9 and we didn't wanna just sit around so we went over to the other boarding to see moorhouse and give him some cookies. he told us that he was getting emergency transfer this up coming Tuesday because our mission is getting 7 guys that don't have visa to another country. it sucks! my twin is leaving me and the kid are exactly alike! im gonna miss him. but saturaday morning was soccer once again im starting to get okay at it since we play it a lot. Also Saturday we had to go clean out the baptismal font since there was like a 8 inch layer of who knows what at the bottom. Saturday night we also stopped by one of the kids house to see who he wanted to baptize him and he said me! I was over joyed and blessed! sunday was the baptism first was sezwe the 9 year old boy who was baptized by our branch pres, then Sphiwe who I baptized! it was such an amazing experience! the toughest part was the full name tho haha it was good fun tho I got it on the first try! but that was pretty much the week! Sounds like the party animal is getting a little excited to be coming home! that's awesome that he is almost done! I love you big bro. but I miss you all so much and cant wait to see you again! I love you LOVE ELDER SORENSON
Me and Frisnecht before he got transfered.


Soccer Saturday

The Crew.

The Mattress Trip

No Bake Cookies!

Tracting

Me and my boy Sphiwe.

I love my package and Si shirt!

My first baptism.

Sezwe is left, Me, Sphiwe right

No comments:

Post a Comment