Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Fam Bam, Extremely fast week it seems like! The new area is tough and quite a workout, walking miles on miles everyday, but I enjoy it and find happiness and a smile in the smallest of things. The work and comp life isn't any easier but as I have patience and love I get through just about anything. Nothing too exciting out here this week though. Thursday we had a Zone meeting and they talked about becoming fully consecrated missionaries. I took it to heart and felt that I could do better in some places of my mission and focus more on the work, so I can see miracles instead of just success. But got some tough news today that one of my really good friends had taken his life back at home. It was tough and hard to bare but i know that the Lord loves him and that his work will be done in the temple! I will miss him alot and love him dearly! A mission is difficult and it's hard being away from home when things happen but its always something. Satan does all he can to bring us down no matter whether its a hurt toe, bad companion, or a tragedy. The Lord knows and will help us through anything. We are never alone even in the toughest of times. So many times in the scriptures we see people at the lowest of lows and then Christ or the Lord tells them they aren't alone. Like Joseph Smith in jail, when he feels that God has forsaken him and the saints but then the Lord tells him if they endure it well they will triumph over all their foes. I love this work and I'm excited to be in african pioneering this great land. My companion is amazing and has taught me so much and I'm excited to continue to work with him and learn! i love you all so much! Stay Strong and Endure To The End! Love, Elder Sorenson
Letter from Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment