Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March 31, 2014

Fam Bam, Wow one of the fastest weeks of mission so far. my comp and I finally clicked but its lame cause it was our last week together I bought him a big dinner since He's taught me so much. its been a struggle with this guy I wont lie but its really humbled me and I have learned a ton from him. but wow was it a good week. I had some really good lessons with people and I worked my butt off till the end even though im leaving this area. on of the best lessons was with a less active girl named Senzy shes like 25 we went there to meet with her dad whose a less active as well but use to be the branch pres. anyways this girl Senzy is awesome it was my first time meeting her so we just talked with her for like 20 min and after we invited her to come with us to a lesson later in the week and she said no I tried talking to her about it and while I was talking I was reminded of a scripture, which I know was a prompting, so I took it and ran with it. I shared a scripture in Luke 5:3 and it talks about how Christ entered in the Simons ship and told him to cast of from the land so Christ can teach the people. and I thought about this verse for like 20 min in studies and I applied it to her by saying that we are the ship and that Christ enters into us and asks us to thrust away from shore. for a ship that on the shore or docked is steady its in its comfort zone but as a ship goes into open waters waves and winds and knock it around, so I told her as we thrust away from our comfort zone and let Christ and the spirit work with us then we are able to be taught so many lessons. we had a power lesson with her. but everything else was sad saying bye wasn't fun but a few of our dinner appointments threw parties for me which was fun! Another cool thing that I just remembered was we tracted this house and this guy who I think was drunk came I looked me right in the eyes and said "I've seen your face before, your the son of God' and I was like wow I hope I shine like that since I do represent Christ! Anyways we did have two more Baptisms yesterday which was awesome! they were Sibahle(16) and Anele(11) it was great! but now for the big news... Im being transferred to a place called Mayville which is down in Durban and is legit town town its gonna be crazy! also its a walking/biking area. my new comp is Elder Chipeta from Zambia, so yay another African... but I hear this guy is pretty cool so we'll see. but I hope everyone is doing great! I love you all and hope you have a great week! LOVE, ELDER SORENSON
package from home

 Rainy day Ngwelezane

Ngwelezane Houses

Nzama Family

Mlondo Family

 Brother Steve

Buthelezi Dinner Party for me

Baptism

box from America

The Boys

The best senior couple -  The Jaegers

No comments:

Post a Comment