Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sept. 22, 2014

Fam Bam,
   Wow crazy how nothing here gets me down. this week i tried my best to make it great, and it was! we had a very productive week and for me as i think i have mentioned in previous emails driving a car or truck for me isnt the best way to be productive so we tried to park most of the days and be as effective as possible and talking to everyone as we walk from appointment to appointment. i stay busy and at puts it gets exhausting but thats life i rather live exhausted than lazy. Alot went on and happened this week but one night when i was just down i was writing in my journal when i found the scripture Joshua 1:9 that helped quite a bit and also in my studies this week i read Alma 60 and my favorite verse in the chapter was 36 which says, Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country..."  As i read this verse i just put my name in there and it really stuck out to my and helped me see the importance of humility and focus. Alot has change in a year and its hard to believe my focus hasnt been shacken but i know why it hasnt. anyways this week we also had a nice time with our recent convert family for a FHE. I cooked some nice enchiladas and we all enjoyed and had a great time. my priorities have really been sharpened this past week and its nice to have no worries or doubts about why im here or what im teaching! i love you all some much!
Love,
Elder Sorenson


 
" How much of life do we miss by waiting to see
the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?"
- President Uchtdorf

Cooking Enchiladas with My Recent Converts, The Maseko's



No comments:

Post a Comment