Sunday, January 4, 2015

December 15, 2014

Family,
Crazy week and not the greatest. anyways we had a nice first few days to the week then Thursday we went to the Mountains of Lesotho and dug a 200 meters pipe line down the side of this mountain for a service project for a member. it was pretty legit and we had a great time. They even feed us..(we'll come back to the food part). Friday morning Jena was sick for a few hours but was over it by 1 in the afternoon but the next day..Saturday was one of the worst days ever. Elder Holman and I were both sick so we stayed home and switched off in the bathroom throwing up but for Holman by 4 he was better but for me I didn't start feeling better till sunday night. we had gotten Salmonella poisoning from the food and water we had at the service project and wow was it miserable. the past 3 days I have only had two pieces of toast and a few Pay-Days that I got in my package that you guys sent Sep 16. but nothing else too special this week but I guess I will share one missionary experience. We have also visited George 3 times in the past 2 weeks and each time we have stayed for about an hour an he has opened up quite a bit. in one of the talks we had with him I felt inspired to ask him " do you believe Jesus Christ is your Savior?" and he went around the question but admitted that Christ was a great guy but to call him the savior was too much. we saw that he has no faith in Christ and only uses the knowledge of the bible to know Christ. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him "Because of the Book of Mormon I KNOW that Jesus Christ is your Savior and Redeemer." and for me at that moment I knew for sure of Christ and the Truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. George is a great guy but has a few issues deeper than expected. We don't prayer or read scriptures when we go out of respect for his concerns and we never try to enforce it, which is why I feel he continues to invite us back.Anyways pretty good week! I love you! only a week and a half till we Skype.
Love,
ELDER SORENSON







No comments:

Post a Comment